Self Confidence ??

Self confidence... its something that all people deal with at some point in their lives. Whether it be in those awkward middle school years, when everyone wore AERO cross their chest and had braces and acne... or now. To speak for myself I have struggled and struggled with this concept. Its something for me I feel like never really goes away. I constantly am thinking about what I look like to people or if I'm making a fool out of myself.. it is a constant battle. This is something that CONSUMES my life I wish I could be that easy going and not care, but unfortunately I am not that way.
Here is a super cute pic of me and my mom
I am genuinely happy in this picture
and I just love my mom a lot :)

It is so easy to hide behind the clothes you wear, the makeup on your face, and the way you act. Society tells us what is in and what is not, it tells us who is beautiful and who is not. We all want to be liked my others its in our human nature....so what do we do? Do we continue to grump around wishing for that girls skin, and that girls hair, and that girls personalty or do we except ourselves? Trust me this is a lot easier said then done. I am constantly feeling sorry for myself and wishing I looked like others. It is also so easy to say "Love yourself! God fearfully and wonderfully made you!" So I could come on here and talk about how everyone should be self confident because although this is true... I do not believe this for myself. Now don't get me wrong I do think everyone should love themselves for who they are BUT I'm not going to sit on here and pretend that I do. I want to, I so badly want to get to that point were I am comfortable in my own skin, am I ever going to get there? I don't know... but I really want to. I think one thing that can help is looking in the mirror everyday and saying one compliment about yourself. When I look in the mirror I tend to point out all my flaws instead of giving myself credit for all the good. Focusing on the good is the best step in the right direction.

As I have learned over the years... feeling sorry for yourself doesn't get you anywhere, wishing you were someone else doesn't magically make you become them. You are here for a purpose that God has planned out, you are here, and you are loved by him. STOP focusing on things you can't change and START focusing on things you can. Be a good friend, show love to everyone, show compassion, be the person you want to be, be the person others look at and say to themselves "I wish I was more like that!"

So I will leave you with this... if you aren't self confident its okay most people aren't. Everyone has flaws that only they see in themselves. Focus on the good and the positive I guarantee you are perfect in Gods eyes

Comments

Popular Posts