Ways to look trendy without breaking the bank!!

As the days get shorter, temperature goes down, tan starts to fade, and the leaves start to fall it may be hard to change or even transition your style especially for a college student that has little to no money (MEEEEE). So you may be thinking "how am I able to transition from warmer weather to colder weather without looking like a complete hobo?" If so keep here are 5 tips for shopping on a budget!

1. "Invest in stables" - this means spend money on things you can easily dress up or dress down. Also essential pieces you can wear with anything. For me this year my essential piece has been a pair of black jeans with holes at the knees. I was able to wear this to class with a t-shirt and also when I went out to dinner with a nice pair of booties.

2. "Shop smart" - before coming to college I never thought of going to thrift stores or used clothing stores such as "Plato's Closet." This past weekend my friends and I went and I got some amazing deals. Why spend so much money on new clothes when you can find amazing buys at used clothing stores for so much less?! I was able to purchase four shirts and a dress for a total of thirty dollars! This is a great way to shop and get a lot of bang for your buck.

3. "Avoid expensive stores and try to find cheaper options" - trends come in and they leave just as fast so why pay a lot of money for something you might not wear in a year? Shop at stores such as Forever 21Charolette Russe, & H&M these are all options of cheap trendy clothes I would recommend and they are always having sales.

4. "Look for sales"- If you are set on something that you think is a little to pricey... WAIT! This is something I struggle with because I often times make impulsive buys I later on regret. First wait to make sure that its an item you really like/need, and then wait for it to go on sale. There has been countless times when I have ordered something offline and then the next week the same item went on sale for a lot less than I had paid:/

5. "Look at what you already have" - there has been multiple times in my own life where I went out and bought something just to realize I have a similar shirt just like it in my own closet. So as the seasons change asses your own closet! See what you have and what you need for the upcoming season and only invest money on things you absolutely need for the upcoming season.

If you are uninspired this Fall season, or don't know where to look for "fall inspiration" I would encourage you to check out some fashion blogs such as Amber Fillerup Clark. She was one of the first fashion blogs I had come across and I think her style is amazing!


Overall I hope this post inspired you to get into the fall spirit and was little helpful in gearing you into the right direction!


Comments

Popular Posts